Seriously, you have the tools you need within you. You may need some guidance or a hand to hold along the way but you are more than okay. This is just a reminder amid the ads, magazine and email headlines, and the barrage of media that you are subjected to daily.
Yeah, we all have areas we can improve on but having flaws doesn’t make us broken. Having a past that has hurtful things does not define our future. You have the power within you. There’s no shame in asking for help if you need it but you alone are the one who can turn things around. The rest of us are merely guides and support.
I received an email filled with “hand-picked” beauty treatments. Things I believe to be unnecessary at best and downright hurtful at worst. I read it and wondered how many people believe they need body contouring done to get rid of cellulite. How many people are going to buy the magic pill to lose weight? I put these up there with snake oil treatments, scare people enough and they’ll be desperate to try anything.
Some things you can do are:
- Eat whole foods, foods your great grandparents could recognize and identify as food.
- Move your body daily, even if it’s just some good stretching or a brisk walk.
- Find hobbies that make you happy and pursue them.
- When you need help, ask for it.
- Get out and get fresh air.
- Mingle with others who make you happy and lift you up.
- Call a friend when you are blue.
- Smile, wear the bright color or the red lipstick. Whatever empowers you and makes you feel great.
Do I sound like your grandmother? You know she was full of sensible advice!
Like this and want more tips? Follow me on Facebook and you will get daily tips, recipes and exercise information.