St. Patrick’s Day brings out some weird foods, I’m not a fan of green beer or bagels. I do like a Harp or a nice Irish Oatmeal Stout without any funky food coloring. I’m pretty partial to Irish soda bread and Irish breakfast tea as well. Corned beef is okay and I like cabbage but I can do without boiled potatoes.
I’m pretty sure I had the original Shamrock shake as a kid, I really don’t remember. I’m not going to tell you this shake recipe tastes exactly like it, it does not. But it is minty, sweet and made with ingredients I feel good about. I drink this for breakfast fairly often and even the husband likes it. You don’t taste the spinach at all.
Minty Green Shake
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 banana, frozen works best
- 1.5 c fresh spinach or 1/2 c frozen spinach
- 1 – 2 dates or 2 tsp honey
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use Shakeology or Garden of Life)
- 1 – 2 drops peppermint extract
- ice if not using frozen ingredients
Blend all ingredients until smooth.
You can add chocolate protein powder instead of vanilla for a mint chocolate variation.
Want more ideas on how to make healthy meals? Sign up for my newsletter and get a recipe every two weeks: https://www.facebook.com/TheEmpoweredPlate/app_100265896690345