Who hasn’t come home from work and thought I really don’t have the time or energy to cook? Time is a precious commodity between commuting, working, family and the fun things we take part in. I know after I’ve finished a long run on Saturday I just want to eat, not spend a lot of time prepping ingredients for a meal.
My clients and friends are always looking to have healthy meals that are quick. I suspect you would like to feed yourself and your family foods that you feel good about. So I am sharing my grocery list of staples and you can make your own fast foods. These can be used in a variety of combinations for any meal of the day.
- Shrimp: deveined, peeled & tail on
- Vegetables: spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, corn, artichokes, onions & peppers and whatever else makes you happy
- Brown rice: plain, no added sodium or seasoning
- Fruit: without added sugars
- Chicken burgers
- Beans: low sodium if possible
- Tomatoes: either buy them in a can without BPA or in a carton
- Tongol tuna or chunk light tuna: in a BPA free can or in a pouch
- Raw nuts and seeds
- Dried fruit
- Whole grain or brown rice pasta
- Old Fashioned Oats
- Natural peanut and/or sunflower seed butter
- Almond milk: unsweetened
- Olive, coconut and sesame oils
- Dried herbs and seasonings: MSG and sodium free
- Tamari and tahini sauces
- Greek yogurt: plain
- Feta and shredded mozzarella cheeses
- All natural, low sodium pre-cooked chicken sausage
- Lean beef
- Nitrate-free slab-cut bacon
- Pre-cut vegetables
- Mixed greens, arugula
- Shredded cabbage and/or broccoli slaw
- Lemons & Limes
Using the above list empowers you to make a quick & satisfying breakfast, lunch or dinner; so no matter what your day entails you are powered up with whole foods. And unlike drive-thru fast food these do not contain trans fat, MSG, large amounts of sodium or added sugars.
Need help on figuring out how to balance your busy life and eating well? Email me, email@example.com, for a 30 minute complimentary consultation. We will come up with a plan that works uniquely for you and your hectic schedule.