I love a good cinnamon roll. Warm, chewy, sweet and gooey – what’s not to love there? Oh, right – the 300+ calorie count of a small roll that has no nutritional value or the unspeakable 880 calories in a Cinnabon classic cinnamon roll. (Not to mention it has 37g of fat and 59g of sugar, that’s 15 teaspoons)!
I’ve recreated the flavors I love in this Cinnamon Roll Smoothie. It’s full of spicy cinnamon, it’s sweet and it’s creamy. I did not think chewy was really a good idea for a smoothie, I can live with the modification.
It’s healthy, it is satisfying enough to double as breakfast and it’s delicious. It doesn’t break the calorie bank and it has nutritional value. (and this depends on your protein powder so choose a clean one)!
Cinnamon Roll Smoothie
- 1 c Silk unsweetened cashew milk (I like the creamy texture)
- 1 c water
- 1 scoop vanilla Shakeology (you can use another protein powder – adjust liquids as necessary)
- 1/2 small banana
- 1 medjool date
- 1/2 teaspoon Vietnamese cinnamon (it has a strong flavor, you may need more of regular cinnamon).
- 3 ice cubes
- 1/2 tsp instant coffee (optional)
- add liquids first
- add protein powder and instant coffee if using
- add cinnamon
- add fruit
- add ice
- blend and enjoy
Nutritional info: 295 calories, 45 g carbs, 17g protein, 6.5 g fiber, 29g sugar (mostly from fruit).